With 2020 here now I'm trying to capture some of the success I had in 2019. This year like last year I'm going to work on the books on my shelves. The reading challenge for the year is 225 books, but for this challenge here I want to read 150 of my own books. They had to have been on the shelves before November 1, 2019 ( as this is the new quarter and new year on the pagan Celtic calendar).
Here are a few of the books I wish to read from each section of my shelves. I'm making the prompts and recommendations to myself as seasonal as possible. Having noted my reading patterns over the years I notice that some seasons I really dive into certain genres and to help keep me on task I'm going to do this again,
- Beverly Jenkins (7)
- Tara Sue Me (5)
- Jennifer Cruise (5)
- Maya Banks (10)
- Sylvia Day (5)
For me nothing says spring like young love. With that in mind YA, and NA are my main focuses during this season.
- Katie McGarry (4)
- Nnedi Okorafor (7)
- KA Tucker: (Pretty sure I own almost all her books. I need to actually read some of them)
- Abbi Glines
- Jennifer L Armentrout
- Jessica Sorenson
- S.C. Stephens
- Colleen Hoover
- J. A Redmerski : The Edge of Never, The Edge of Always, Fireflies
- Sarah Dessen ( I own them all, have actually only read 1 O_o)
Jaime McGuire The Maddox Brothers series that I own, (I won't be picking up anything else by her. )Removed from list because of author behavior.
- Elle Kennedy
- Erin Watt ( This series was a huge on booktube and I have the first so let's see) The Paper Princess
- Tanita Davis
- Sharon M Draper (10)
- L. Divine (7)
- Estelle Maskame (2)
Summer Books: Great Beach books
Fall Books: all the mystery thrillers/ romantic suspense/ paranormal romance
- Everything Heather Graham,
- Holly Black
- Miranda Kenneally (7) *because they focus on girls on sports teams so while school is in session**
- Simone Elkeles
- A.R. Torre'
- Deborah Harkness (2)
- L.L McKinney (1)
- Yasmine Galenorn (14)
Reads separate from Holiday reading list (much of which are left over from the last few years)
I also have 7 series I would like to focus on and complete this year. One of them I know is an ongoing series but I wish to catch up on it.
Series To Complete:
- Otherworld by Yasmine Galenorn ( yes I know there are spin off series but I want to complete these 18 that I have. I read 4 last year so only 14 left) ONGOING SERIES
- Darynda Jones Grave series books 5-13
- Deborah Harkness 2-3
- Diana Gabaldon Outlander Series 1-4 to catch up to the tv show
- Heather Graham 24
- Tara Sue Me (catch up to the most recent release. I have 3 books to read
- Sylvia Day Eve series
These are some of the authors and titles on my shelves I really which to focus on, of course there are others that I will be checking out and pulling from the shelves. If I update this or change any others not listed on the other challenges I will add them in here.
Happy Reading my loves,