We are still on the topic of April being sexual assault awareness month and I wanted to pick these books up and share with you my journey through them. I got most of my list from The Teen Librarian Toolbox's list of books about Consent, Sex and our teens.
These are the books from my shelves dealing with this month's awareness topic: Sexual Assault and Consent.
I have read a few from the list over the years and you can find the links here:
And these are the ones on my shelves that I want to get read for the month:
- The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
- What happens next by Colleen Clayton
- What we saw by Aaron Hatlzer
- Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
- A Deep Dark Secret by Kimberla Lawson Roby
- A Natural History of Rape by Randy Thornhill and Craig T. Palmer ** This wasn't recommended but I recently picked it up at the local library book sale right before the month started and thought this is perfect.**
That's it, those are the books on my radar for this topic and these are the ones I own, there are plenty more out there and if you have read any please feel free to share in the comments down below and we can talk about them. Thanks so much for stopping by and
Have a great reading week